Monday 24 November 2008

I am James Bond.

I have begun to think that it would be interesting to find ways in which average people can become fantasy figures, if they could swap their identity for a day or more, to be someone who is more confident, interesting, or has some personality features that they don’t, and wish they had. I don’t want to allow someone to get rid of their identity, I want to create a sort of ‘Identity tourism’ where the user could swap identity to try out a new personality, or maybe use their identity to do something that they don’t want to, or couldn’t do on their own. The person will always be able to swap back to their personality again, like a holiday where you can return home.

What if everyone could be James Bond for a period of time? How could this be done? I decided to use him because he is a fictional character (so his public image and personality is harder to be ‘tarnished’ than a real person’s is), he is well known (so a number of people would know what he is like without having to have a personality explained to them first) and he has a desirable personality.

I will look into what constitutes James Bond. When I have researched this through experimentation I will try and create methods of applying James Bond to people.

No comments: